- This event has passed.
Hānai Ahu: Train the Trainers: Curriculum Framework & Application
July 19 @ 10:00 am - 11:30 am HST
PRESENTED BY THE AANHPI ʻOHANA CENTER OF EXCELLENCE, MĀPUNA LAB, and PAPA OLA LŌKAHI
Join the Māpuna Lab’s virtual summer training series: Hānai Ahu: Anchoring Culture in Substance Use Treatment & Prevention Models. The series focuses on adopting cultural anchors for substance use treatment and prevention strategies. This series provides a tri-lens cultural view of substance use emphasizing “The Impacts of Colonization on Ahupuaʻa. Conceptualization, V3.0” framework that recently launched with the Hawaiʻi State Plan for the Alcohol and Drug Abuse Division of the Department of Health. Learn more at mapunalab.com/hanai-ahu.
What is your ahu?
What is your pua‘a?
Train the Trainers: Curriculum Framework & Application
Kealiʻimakamanaonalani Poʻoloa leads the seventh training in the Hānai Ahu: Anchoring Culture in Substance Use Treatment & Prevention Models series in collaboration with the AANHPI ‘Ohana Center of Excellence. This is Makawalu Naʻauʻao Primary Prevention Curriculum for Substance Use: Reconnecting to Culture Part 3 – Train the Trainers: Curriculum Framework & Application.
- Participants will engage in an immersive learning experience and identify how holistic recovery pathways in the Makawalu Naʻauʻao Preventative Curriculum, a culturally based curriculum for middle and high school students, is aligned with SAMHSA’s Working Definition of Recovery.
- Participants will learn how the Makawalu Naʻauʻao Primary Prevention Curriculum for Substance Use is integrated with The Impacts of Colonization on Ahupuaʻa. Conceptualization, V3.0.
- Participants will identify how educational, culture-based health frameworks, Pilinahā and 4MAT, may be applied to substance use prevention among middle and high school students.
DOWNLOADS & REPLAY
- SAMHSA’s Working Definition of Recovery
- Guide: THE IMPACTS OF COLONIZATION ON ʻAHUPUAʻA
- Guide: Case Study of Native Hawaiian Kupuna, Chronic Back Pain, and Opioid Use
- Guide: NIMHD Minority Health and Health Disparities Research Framework
- Publication: Intersections of Substance Use Among Public Sectors and Health Disparities Populations: Implications for a System of Care
- Article: Cultivating Sacred Kinship to Strengthen Resilience
- Article: Embracing the sacred: an indigenous framework for tomorrow’s sustainability science
- Article: Ritual + Sustainability Science? A Portal into the Science of Aloha